European Voluntary Service (EVS) is a long-term volunteer experience abroad.
It enables young people aged 18 to 30 years to live up to 12 months in another country providing their service in a non-profit organization.
The European Voluntary Service is funded by the European Commission within the Youth in Action Programme and aims to improve young people’ skills.
The European Union support includes:
– Full coverage of the costs of board and lodging of the volunteer;
– 90% refund of travel expenses;
– Comprehensive health insurance for the entire period of volunteering abroad;
– Language training in the country of destination.
So… is practically FREE OF CHARGE!!
European Voluntary Service proposes projects in different areas: culture, youth, sports, social care for the elderly, the disabled and the immigrants, cultural heritage, art, leisure, media and communications, environmental protection and education, rural development and development cooperation.
It is possible to do EVS in:
– All 27 European Union Member States;
– EFTA countries (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein);
– Candidate countries (Turkey, Croatia);
– Countries of Eastern Europe and the Caucasus;
– Other countries of the world (with different timing and procedures).
Very interesting, right? If you are asking yourself where to look for the projects…
There is a an official online DATABASE that contains all the accredited EVS organisations in Europe.
Do you want to know what you can learn and experience in volunteering?
Watch out for the next Post!